This post may contain affiliate links, or we may earn money from the companies mentioned in this post. For more information on this, please visit our legal page.
When you get a puppy, you may find that there’s a lot of training involved. When training is happening, puppy treats can become your new best friend.
To save on some of the costs, we wanted to share some easy homemade puppy treat recipes to make to reward your four-legged friend.
Bacon & Peanut Butter Treats
If there are two foods that puppies love, it’s peanut butter and bacon. This is probably one of the favorite homemade puppy treat recipes for the four-legged friend. It’s an easy treat to make using these ingredients and a few others you should have
- 1 cup (255g) peanut butter (not chunky)
- 1/3 cup (30g) oats
- 2 or 3 strips of chopped up bacon
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 2 cups (244g) flour
- 1 egg (can be subbed with ¼ cup applesauce)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C).
- Put parchment paper on two baking sheets
- In a big bowl, mix the peanut butter, milk, and egg together
- Add flour and baking powder.
- Mix in the oats and bacon. (The dough should be heavy and thick.)
- Cut into any shapes you like.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Flip cookies and bake for 10-12 more minutes.
- Let cookies cool down.
- Keep at room temperature or in the fridge for 1 week.
Easy Two-Ingredient ‘Baby’ Treats
If you find yourself lacking in energy or ingredients, these two-ingredient treats could be your best option. With so few ingredients they are also fairly inexpensive too!
- 2 jars of pureed baby food
- 2 cups flour (whole wheat preferred)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix both ingredients together, creating a dough.
- On a floured surface, roll dough out evenly (should be ¼ inch thick).
- Cut into desired shapes.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and place treats around 1/2 inch apart.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before storing in a paper bag for crunchy cookies or airtight container for softer ones.
Three-Ingredient Vegan Puppy Treats
In some instances your puppy may need to eat vegan due to allergies or medical reasons. In this case, buying dog treats can be a nightmare! This is an easy three-ingredient vegan treat that are also safe for human consumption too.
- 2 mashed up bananas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (smooth and unsweetened)
- 1 cup oat or rice flour
- Mash peanut butter and bananas together.
- Slowly fold in flour.
- Form a solid ball.
- Chill dough for 20 minutes (if you want to speed up the process).
- Put onto parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Roll dough to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut out desired shapes.
- Poke center of each cookie with a fork (for steam to escape).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
Do you have any homemade puppy treat recipes to share that your furbaby loves? Which are your favorite? Share with us in the comments below and we could feature you.